Thursday, October 27, 2016
Activity 22: Projectiles Launched at an Angle
Obtain a copy and review the chart in this document highlighting the computation of the horizontal and vertical components of an object launched with velocity V0 at an angle in this document. Notice the use of Sine and Cosine functions to compute the components.
Review the following problem solving strategy:
Problem Solving Strategy
1. Make a sketch of the situation and label all given and unknown quantities.
2. List all of the equations that apply to the problem.
3. Determine what variables are known and needed.
4. Substitute the given quantities into the equation using proper units.
5. Solve the equation, carrying units throughout the problem.
6. Check your answer to make sure it makes sense.
Use the strategy to complete the answers to problems # 4, 5 and 6 in the above document and check your answers here.